10 Best Fluoride Water Filters in 2021 (Reviews Compared)
In the mid-1940s, the USA government started adding fluoride to the drinking water. This quickly expanded to an effort to fluoridate drinking water all over the country. The reason they did this was that they found that a certain level of fluoride in the water supply prevented tooth decay. Although the country’s level of dental health did improve, in modern times, with the introduction of fluoride-containing toothpaste and other dental fluoride supplements, it seems that there might no longer be a need for fluoride to be added to our water.
This article by Harvard Public Health magazine explains the progression of how fluoride was added to the water supply, and how the public and expert’s mindset seems to be changing nowadays. Although fluoride has not been found to be particularly harmful, you might have your own reasons to want it gone from your water supply, and that is alright.
So how would you go about filtering out fluoride from your taps and your faucets? Well, there are many wonderful ways to go about it, many of which will be listed below. Water is the most important thing for your health and it is important for you to figure out how to provide the best for your family and for yourself.
At the same time, fluoride is not the only thing these products help remove from your water. There are other contaminants these products can help remove from your water supply, such as lead, chlorine, bacteria, calcium, minerals, salt, and carcinogens. So do not worry, these products will help you with anything you might worry about getting into your water. We have included Amazon links for all of these products so you can get right to taking care of your home’s water today and get yourself some clean, filtered water!
In a hurry? Here’s the test winner after 10 hours of research:
10 Best Fluoride Water Filters in 2021 – Overview
Here are the top 5 picks (keep scrolling for more details and picks 6-10).
1. Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
- Premium design for heath and sustainability. Aquagear filters are made in USA, BPA-free, and recyclable.
The Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher is a wonderful water pitcher that doubles as a water filter that will remove both fluoride and other contaminants. It is especially efficient due to its smaller filter pores and its two-stage filtration process. It is portable, has a fantastic design, and never leaks or spills. You can just keep it in your refrigerator door and not have to worry about unclean water until you are ready to refill it.
There is one simple downside to this product. Due to its smaller filter pores, the water flow rate can be slower than other systems out there on the market. If you have a large family and you consume a large amount of water, it might not save you much time to use this product. However, since it is a small and space-saving product, as well as a very affordable one, you can always get more than one at a time, if need be.
Features of the Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher:
- Removes more contaminants because of its smaller filter pores
- Comes with a two-stage filtration for safer water
- Clear, reliable, and break-resistant pitcher construction
- Space-saving, ergonomic, and elegant design
- Excellent value for money
- Sleek design
2. Epic Pure Water Filter Pitcher
- Filtered water pitcher for refrigerator: This large water filtration pitcher for refrigerator is easy to pour and refill. This space efficient gravity water filter system jug fits perfectly on...
The Epic Pure Water Filter Pitcher is also a water filter pitcher, meaning that just as with the Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher, it fits perfectly in your refrigerator door. This product has 200 nanometer-wide pores that prevent the entry of contaminants into drinking water.
At the same time, the filters in this product are very easily replaceable, making it a completely hassle-free system. Unfortunately, as with the product above, the water flow rate with this system seems to slow down over time, even perhaps after the first week of use. However, it is still a great choice for people who just want to have clean, fantastic water waiting for them in their fridge.
Features of the Epic Pure Water Filter Pitcher:
- Filters fluoride and other water contaminants
- Safe and clear pitcher construction
- The filter is straightforward to replace
- Filter service life is longer than other brands
- Comes with quality certifications
- Charming design
3. AquaHomeGroup 15-Stage Shower Filter
- PREMIUM CARE: Your body deserves fresh, chemical-free, odorless water. Our shower head filter with 15 stages of MAXIMUM water filtration makes skin SOFTER, nails STRONGER and hair SHINIER
The AquaHomeGroup 15-Stage Shower Filter is a different product from the ones mentioned above. This is a water filter that you can use in your shower to produce softer water. Soft water is water that contains low concentrations of ions and in particular is low in ions of calcium and magnesium, which can help with skin irritation as well as softer, healthier hair.
This product also comes with the infusion of Vitamin C into the shower water, which gives your skin and hair even more health benefits. Their filter cartridges not only remove fluoride but also other contaminants as well. It can help with reducing dandruff incidence. It is a small, compact device that can be installed easily (DIY) and maintained easily. The only problem is that it may cause leaks.
Features of the AquaHomeGroup 15-Stage Shower Filter:
- Multi-stage filtration mechanism for ‘softer’ water
- Infuses Vitamin C into the water
- Useful for ‘softening’ hard water
- Easy to install and replace
- Long filter life
- May cause leaks in your shower
4. PureAction Water Softener Shower Head
- ★ EXTRAORDINARY SHOWER: Unlike other showers, our filtered shower head removes chlorine, chloramines, significantly reduces flouride, and softens well water by filtering up to 99.9% of sediments,...
The PureAction Water Softener Shower Head is the second shower-relater water filter and softener. It comes with its own showerhead that can be turned into three different settings between a massage-like action and a rain-like spray. It has been shown to have no effect on your water pressure, while other products of this sort sometimes lower the pressure of the water coming from your showerhead.
The only downside of this system is that it is not currently certified by any of the reputable organizations (mainly the NSF standard, which is the National Science Foundation and ANSI, the American National Standards Institute). This is not necessarily a must, but it can be something that you might want to know about this product. PureAction does provide great customer support, meaning that any question you might have, they will be able to answer.
Features of the PureAction Water Softener Shower Head:
- Filters fluoride, chlorine, rust, and other impurities
- Delivers powerful jets of water
- Softens ‘hard’ shower water
- Uncomplicated shower filter head installation
- Good price
- Great water pressure in your shower
5. HOMY Faucet Mount Water Filter
- [Stainless Steel Shell Material]: Comparing with the most plastics on the market, HOMY faucet water purifier housing is made of premium food grade 304 stainless steel, which creates a lead-free,...
The HOMY Faucet Mount Water Filter is a cost-effective water purifier that removes chlorine, fluoride, chloramine, and other harsh compounds. It is a stainless steel product that is unfortunately not a BPA-free plastic construction since it is designed to have a sleek, modern look instead. Its carbon filter uses an advanced carbon block filtration technology that is incredibly effective.
It is easy to install. It can, however, be a little more difficult to maintain than others as the filters can filter up to 320 gallons of water, or a lifespan of 3 months, which is not a very high number in this kind of market. This number also depends on the number of contaminants present in water. Regardless, the replacement filters are recyclable, meaning that this product is more eco-friendly than others.
Features of the HOMY Faucet Mount Water Filter:
- Comes with five stages of water filtration
- Guarantees odor-free, great-tasting, and safe drinking water
- Safe and good-quality water purifier housing
- The ergonomic design will not hamper faucet operation
- Good for standard faucets
- Easy installation
6. Woder WD-FRM-8K-DC Filtration System
- MADE IN THE USA - This filter should be used in conjunction with municipally treated drinking water or water that has been properly disinfected prior use.
The Woder WD-FRM-8K-DC Filtration System is really easy to install. All you need is to have 3/8-inch water valves, and you should be able to fit in this water filtration system with ease. Another incredible thing about this product is its gigantic lifespan. It can last you up to two years before it needs replacing, or around 8 thousand gallons, which is just fantastic.
The only downside of this system is that it does not actually remove fluoride completely (as almost none would since that is close to impossible for home systems) but it does reduce the amount of fluoride in your water. It is important to be aware of this fact, as Woder markets this product as a “Fluoride Removal” product, which can be misleading.
Features of the Woder WD-FRM-8K-DC Filtration System:
- Reduces the levels of fluoride, chlorine, chromium, and other metals from water
- Does not require a plumber to install
- 2-year filter service life
- Works best with municipally-treated water
- Comes with quality certifications
7. Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2
- Highly pure water - three-stage filter removes up to 93 percent of fluoride, chlorine, and other chemicals
The Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2 is the first whole house filter system mentioned. Although a whole house water filter can be more expensive than the other product on this list, it can be quite useful if you are especially worried about every tap and faucet in your house, as well as not only worried about drinking water but the water you use to wash yourself and your clothes with. If that is your situation, then this is the product for you.
This is a product that is very easy to install. It is also portable, in case you need to move or want to bring to wherever you go. Home Master also does not claim to remove fluoride as other brands might, making this a more trustworthy brand. It is still an incredible water filter. Its capability of reducing fluoride, lead, and chlorine levels are also noteworthy. The only downside is that it might cause leaks from your faucets.
Features of the Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2:
- Comes with 3-stage water filtration
- Guarantees better-tasting and safer water
- Space-saving, compact design
- Portable design for on-the-go versatility
- Easy and simple to install
- Whole house system
8. Berkey BK4X2 Countertop Water Filter System
- Includes Big Berkey stainless steel housing (Upper, Lower, Lid and spigot etc.), 2 Black Berkey Filters, and 2 Fluoride Elements.
The Berkey BK4X2 Countertop Water Filter System is the first countertop product showcased. It is a more hassle-free option for those who do not want to install a water filtration system to their existing water line. It is a two-in-one system that not only purifies your drinking water and reduces the number of substances that affect the odor, taste, and quality of your water, but also reduces the amount of fluoride in your drinking water. Your water smells better, your water tastes better! Berkey claims that they can reduce fluoride by 95 percent, although it is most likely to reduce it by 60 to 70 percent most of the time.
This Berkey water filter is made with stainless steel, making it a fantastic design for your kitchen. The only downside of this product is that it has been known to clog rather quickly. The purifier is meant to be able to accommodate 3,000 gallons, while the fluoride filter can screen a thousand gallons before it needs replacement, but in some cases, it may clog or need maintenance sooner. This seems to be dependent on the number of sediments or particles in your water source, which you can find out about online before you purchase this product.
Features of the Berkey BK4X2 Countertop Water Filter System:
- Reduces fluoride levels in the water as well as other unwanted chemicals
- Features at least two independent filtration mechanisms
- Does not require connection to a water supply line
- The long service life of both filter and purifier
- Durable and water-safe stainless steel housing
9. Santevia Gravity Water System
- Disclaimer: This website is for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades...
The Santevia Gravity Water System is yet another countertop system, as the Berkey BK4X2 Countertop Water Filter System. It is a water filter that removes fluoride and other contaminants, as well as alkalizes drinking water. Alkaline water has a higher pH level than regular drinking water. Because of this, some advocates of alkaline water believe it can neutralize the acid in your body. This is a great addition to an already fantastic system.
This system also oddly includes the mineral stones contained in our drinking water at the bottom of the water container. The machine can increase the pH level of your water by adding these minerals back into your water. The only downside of this system is that it can be considered more expensive than other models out there.
Features of the Santevia Gravity Water System:
- Reduces the levels of harmful chemicals in the water
- Can filter certain microorganisms
- Can raise the pH of the water
- Relies on the effects of gravity for filtration
- Large capacity water storage
- Smaller pores on its ceramic pre-filter membrane
10. APEC Water Systems ROES-50 Essence Series Top Tier 5-Stage Certified Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
- Supreme quality - designed, engineered, and assembled in USA to guarantee water safety & your health.
The APEC Water Systems ROES-50 Essence Series Top Tier 5-Stage Certified Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System is told to be able to remove up to 99% of contaminants such as chlorine, herbicides, pesticides, taste, odor, VOCs, as well as toxic fluoride, arsenic, lead, nitrates, heavy metals, and 1000+ contaminants. It removes 2000 ppm of TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) and relies on water pressure from 40-85 psi.
Water pressure is especially important for this reverse osmosis water system since it relies on the movement of water molecules across the filter membrane by facilitating their movement and leaving unnecessary particles behind. This is a unique technology that has the downside of relying closely on what your home water pressure is. Another downside is that it can be a difficult product to install yourself,
Features of the APEC Water Systems ROES-50 Essence Series Top Tier 5-Stage Certified Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System:
- More significant reduction of unwanted minerals and particles from the water
- Large system capacity for a more significant workload
- Filters work with well water and tap water
- Comes with safe and durable components
- Leak-free design
- WQA Certified System
- Certified JG Food grade tubing
- 100% lead-free designer faucet
- 2 year extended manufacturer warranty with registration
The Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher is our top pick on this list. Since people only generally worry about consuming fluoride, we feel this is the best and most budget-friendly way to prevent that from happening. This great product will never leak or spill and it will make sure it gets the job done.
No more wasting money on bottled water, you can have clean water right in your home and in your faucets and showerheads. All of the products mentioned above were specifically designed to improve the water quality in your home, so it is up to you to decide which fits best. Water purification can be a difficult process to understand, but hopefully, this list has helped you figure out which is the best water filter for your home and your family. No more water bottle buying! Better, high-quality water, better-tasting water, all within your reach!
Bonus tip: Check out this video on a homemade fluoride filter and how it works!