10 Best Water Cooler Dispensers (2021 Reviews)
Water cooler dispensers, or simply water coolers or water dispensers, can be quite useful for both your home and your office. They are machines that cool or heat up (similar to a hot water dispenser) and dispense drinking water with a refrigeration unit. It is commonly connected to your plumbing water line. There are wall-mounted, plumbed-in (point-of-use), freestanding units, and countertop water dispenser systems.
They can lower the hassle that you go through to get water to both drink and cook. It can also feature a water filter or not. In this article, we will see which are the best in 2021. Every product has a direct Amazon link too so you can get started purchasing one today!
In a hurry? Here’s the test winner after 10 hours of research:
10 Best Water Cooler Dispensers (2021 Reviews) – Overview
Here are the top 5 picks (keep scrolling for more details and picks 6-10).
1. Avalon A5 Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser
- INSTALLATION KIT: Full installation kit consisting of 20' of 1/4" tubing, 3 way plastic 1/4" push connect adapter, under sink 3/8" adapter with shut off valve, filter flushing adapter, and detailed...
The Avalon A5 Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser features dual filters, meaning there is a sediment filter as well as a carbon block filter. This dispenser is able to remove up to 99.6 percent of lead, 99.7 percent of particulates, 99.9 percent of cysts, 99.4 percent of chlorine, 99.9 percent of visible objects as well as 100 percent of bad odor and taste.
It can get through 1,500 gallons of water or about 6 months’ worth. This product features three temperature settings and a safety lock, it is self-cleaning, and it is easy to install. This product is also NSF (National Science Foundation) certified, however, there is no actual detailed info on the NSF certification on the manufacturer’s website, so we are unsure what this certification is meant to be validating. Additionally, some users have reported that the water flow slows down with this product. Overall, however, this is still an incredible product and our top pick on this list.
Features of the Avalon A5 Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser:
- It includes dual filters
- A sediment filter
- A carbon block filter
- It can filter up to 1,500 gallons (or 6 months’ worth) of water
- It is completely bottle-less
- It features three temperature settings
- The hot water spout has a safety lock to make the system safe for use by children
- There is a built-in night light
- It can remove up to 99.6% of lead
- It can remove up to 99.7% of particulates
- It can remove up to 99.9% of cysts
- It can remove up to 97.4% chlorine
- It removes 100% bad odor or taste
- It can remove up to 99.9% of visible objects
- It is self-cleaning
- It is NSF certified
- It is easy to install
- There is no detailed info about the NSF certification
- Some users found the water flow too slow
2. Avalon Countertop Self Cleaning Touchless Bottleless Cooler Dispenser
The Avalon Countertop Self Cleaning Touchless Bottleless Cooler Dispenser features an NSF (National Science Foundation) certified carbon block filter that can remove chlorine and heavy metals such as lead. It also features a sediment filter that can remove suspended particles such as dust and rust.
When you purchase this product, you will receive a full installation kit that includes tubing, an under-sink adapter, and a shut-off valve. You will need to replace the filters every six months. Thankfully, you can access the filters easily when you need to replace them as they can be found at the back of the unit.
Unlike with the previous product, you will have two temperature settings, one for hot water (185 degrees) and one for cold water (47 degrees). This product features a child safety lock and a built-in night light. This product also automatically sanitizes itself. However, replacement filters can get kind of expensive, and some users did report not being able to find the self-cleaning button.
Features of the Avalon Countertop Self Cleaning Touchless Bottleless Cooler Dispenser:
- It features easy, no-fuss access to contaminant-free water
- It has an NSF certified carbon block filter
- It removes chlorine and heavy metals like lead
- It has a sediment filter that removes suspended particles like dust and rust
- It comes with a full kit for installation, including tubing, an under-sink adapter, and a shut-off valve
- The filters will last you 6 months
- You can access them easily at the back of the unit when they need replacing
- There are two water spouts for cool water (at around 47° F) and hot water (at around 185° F)
- There is a child safety lock on the hot water spout to help prevent dangerous mistakes
- There is also a built-in night light to give you better vision in the dark hours
- It automatically purifies itself while sanitizing as well
- There are dual filters for extra thoroughness
- The replacement filter cartridges are quite expensive
- Some users could not find the self-cleaning button
3. Primo hTRiO Dispenser
- Coupons for Primo water included - Redeemable at thousands of retail locations nationwide
The Primo hTRiO Dispenser is able to dispense coffee. There are K-cups and compatible 6, 8, and 10-ounce coffee pods. It also comes with a reusable filter and a safety lock. This product is Energy Star and UL listed and it features a fast flow rate. It is also available in two colors (black and stainless steel). Unfortunately, there is a considerable amount of time you need to wait to pull coffee shots, and there is also no option for room-temperature water.
Features of the Primo hTRiO Dispenser:
- There are K-cups and compatible coffee pods
- There are 6, 8, and 10 oz pods
- There is a reusable filter
- It features a fast flow rate
- There is a safety lock
- There are two-color choices
- It is Energy Star and UL listed
- There is a considerable wait between pulling coffee shots
- There is no option for room-temperature water
- It is available in two colors, black and stainless steel
4. Primo Bottom Loading Water Dispenser
- Coupons for Primo water included - Redeemable at thousands of retail locations nationwide
The Primo Bottom Loading Water Dispenser is a modern product with a sleek outer exterior. You do not need to connect the unit up to your plumbing, making installation incredibly easy (it should only take you five minutes). There is a child-resistant safety feature in the hot water spout. Unfortunately, however, this product does not feature a water filter, and the refrigerator can get quite noisy.
Features of the Primo Bottom Loading Water Dispenser:
- It is a bottom loading water cooler
- It features a sleek outer exterior
- There is no need to connect the unit up to your plumbing
- Does not contain a water filter
- The hot water spout has a child-resistant safety feature
- Setup is easy and takes less than 5 minutes
- The refrigerator is fairly noisy
5. hOmeLabs Bottom Loading Water Dispenser
- EASY BOTTOM LOADING DESIGN - Now it’s easy to keep yourself hydrated with our bottom load water dispenser. Gone are the days of “flip and drip” trying to lift a heavy water bottle onto a...
The hOmeLabs Bottom Loading Water Dispenser can fit bottles that are between 3 and 5-gallon water jugs in size. It features an easy-clean drop tray, an LED night light, and a child safety lock. However, similarly to the product mentioned above, the refrigerator is quite loud, and there is also no water filter feature.
Features of the hOmeLabs Bottom Loading Water Dispenser:
- There is no flipping the bottle upside down or lifting it up high to load
- It fits bottles between 3 and 5-gallon jugs in size
- There is no filter
- It features a bottom-loading design
- It features an easy-clean drip tray
- There is an LED night light to make it easier to pour yourself a drink at night
- There is also a child safety lock to prevent hot water from harming them
- The refrigerator is quite loud
6. Whirlpool Self Cleaning Bottom Load Water Cooler
- 6th Sense Self Cleaning automatically technology uses unstable Oxygen to get rid of the stuff you don't want in your water. The LED indicator shows when the Self-Cleaning is running, as well as when...
The Whirlpool Self Cleaning Bottom Load Water Cooler dispenses both hot and cold water and it features a technology called 6th Sense Cleaning, which is a natural and chemical-free way of disinfecting water by injecting unstable oxygen into your water. It also features an LED display screen, a toddler-resistant hot faucet, and a heavy-duty water pump.
This water cooler can deliver ice-cold water at 40 degrees Fahrenheit, which is lower than other similar products on the market. This is a sturdy system with commercial-grade standards and it is built to last. Unfortunately, some of the downsides to this system are that there is no information on which contaminants are removed as well as no dispenser spouts, which makes it hard for you to see where the water is pouring from.
Features of the Whirlpool Self Cleaning Bottom Load Water Cooler:
- It is a self-cleaning stainless steel bottom load water cooler
- It dispenses both hot and cold water
- It uses a technology called 6th Sense Cleaning, which automatically injects unstable oxygen into the water to eliminate contaminants
- This feature works just as well as chlorine to disinfect water but is natural and chemical-free
- It comes with an LED display screen
- It is built to commercial-grade standards
- It is designed to last (high durability)
- The hot faucet is toddler-resistant
- It delivers water at 40°F
- There is a heavy-duty water pump that sucks water powerfully
- There is no information on exactly what contaminants are removed
- There are no dispenser spouts which makes it difficult to see exactly where water pours from
7. Avalon A1 Top Loading Cooler Dispenser
- HOT & COLD WATER SPOUTS: When you use our water cooler dispenser you can choose between a Crisp Cold & Piping Hot Output, making it ideal for cool refreshments or toasty beverages.
The Avalon A1 Top Loading Cooler Dispenser is the best option for you if you are on a low budget. It is an Energy Star-approved product that features a child safety lock and a hot and cold water spout. Even being a low-budget product, it still features a slim and stylish design and it can hold 3 to 5-gallon bottles of water in size.
You will also be able to see when you are running low on water since the water tank on this product is shown, so you will know when you have to refill it. This product, however, does not feature a water filter and some users did claim to experience leaking.
Features of the Avalon A1 Top Loading Cooler Dispenser:
- A good option for lower budgets
- It features separate hot and cold water spouts
- It is Energy Star approved
- You will not waste energy and have to pay higher-than-necessary bills
- It also has a child safety lock on the hot water spout
- It has a slim, fairly stylish design
- It is designed to hold water bottles at 3 to 5-gallon water bottles in size
- Since the water bottle is shown you can spot when water is running low
- It doe not have a water filter
- Some customers experienced leaking
8. Giantex Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser
- 【Easy and Safe to Use】- You don’t have to be frightened about any safety risk from the water dispenser to your children. The water dispenser comes with a very user-friendly security lock on the...
The Giantex Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser features both hot (between 190°F and 203°F) and normal-temperature (between 42°F and 50°F) water. Its most interesting feature is that it has a storage cabinet at the bottom of the dispenser unit. This product also has three lights that will let you know how the system is working internally and an empty bottle indicator light.
There are also switches at the back of the product where you can turn off the heating feature, the refrigerating feature, or both at once. As with other products, there is also a user-friendly safety lock on the hot water dispenser. On the other hand, this product does not filter water, and it is also not the most modern design.
Features of the Giantex Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser:
- It is a traditional top-loading water cooler
- It has a useful storage cabinet underneath the dispenser unit
- It offers both hot (between 190°F and 203°F) and normal-temperature (between 42°F and 50°F) water
- There are a couple of switches at the back that let you turn off either the heating or the refrigerating feature or both at once
- There is also a user-friendly safety lock on the hot water dispenser
- It features great value for money
- Basic and user-friendly
- It does not filter water
- It is also not the most modern design
- There are three lights that let you know the working status of the system
- There is an empty bottle indicator light
- It requires that you turn a water bottle upside down and slot it in place on the machine’s water barrel set
9. COSTWAY 2-in-1 Water Cooler Dispenser with Built-in Ice Maker
- 🧊【Elegant Sleek Design】This water dispense will look classy in your home, office or any public space. It has a sleek design yet it is super powerful and it’s built to last for many years.
The COSTWAY 2-in-1 Water Cooler Dispenser with Built-in Ice Maker, as the name suggests, features a built-in ice maker that can hold up to 4 pounds of ice on it. However, this feature does mean that this product is much more expensive than other water cooler dispensers on the market, about three times the average price.
There are three different temperature settings that you can use – hot, cold, and room-temperature water – and two different colors that you can choose to have your product in – black and silver. As with other similar products, there is an LED screen and a user-friendly security lock. Unfortunately, this water cooler does not filter water.
Features of the COSTWAY 2-in-1 Water Cooler Dispenser with Built-in Ice Maker:
- It is a top-loading water cooler
- It features a built-in ice maker for extra-cold beverages
- It can hold up to 4 lbs of ice
- It is about three times the average price of a basic top-loading water dispenser cooler
- It features an elegant, sleek design in either black or silver
- It has three buttons for three temperature options such as hot, cold, and room-temperature water
- The dispenser’s LED screen makes it easy to see when the machine is on or off
- It has a user-friendly security lock to prevent children from using it
- It does not filter water
10. Brio Limited Edition Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser
- HOT, COLD & ROOM-TEMPERATURE WATER: When you use our water cooler dispenser you can choose between crisp cold, room-temperature and piping hot output, making it ideal for cool refreshments or toasty...
The Brio Limited Edition Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser features a child safety button, night lights, and error notifications to let you know when something is wrong. The water inside this product can go from 38 degrees to 205 degrees, yet as with other products in this list, this water will not be filtered since there is no water filter.
This product is UL/ENERGY STAR certified. It has a 3 liter to 5-liter water gallon capacity. It features a triple faucet and a removable drip tray that is easy to clean and prevents contamination and leakages. This product does not contain a storage cabinet.
Features of the Brio Limited Edition Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser:
- There is a child safety button
- There are error notifications for when something is wrong
- It also features night lights
- The temperature range is between 205° for hot water and 38° for cold
- The unit is UL/ENERGY STAR certified
- There is no filter
- The drip tray is easy to clean
- It prevents contamination and leakages
- There is a 3lt to 5lt water gallon capacity
- There is a triple faucet
- There is no storage cabinet
The Avalon A5 Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser features the absolute best water filtration system for your tap water with both a sediment filter and a carbon block filter for all your clean water needs. This water cooler can get rid of lead, particulates, cysts, chlorine, visible objects, and bad odors and tastes.
It also features high-quality filters that only have to be changed every six months and three temperature settings and a safety lock. It is also self-cleaning, and it is easy to install. Finally, this product is also NSF certified. It is undoubtedly the best product on this list.
Bonus tip: Check out this fun video about how to make a DIY water cooler!