10 Best Chlorine Water Filters (2022 Reviews)
Chlorine water filters not only enhance the taste of your water but also safeguard you from impurities like rust particles and harmful contaminants like lead, chlorine, and bacteria.
Our top pick for the best chlorine water filter is the APEC ROES-50.
It is a reverse osmosis water filter. It is a premium-quality, NSF-certified filter that removes up to 99% of thousands of harmful contaminants from your water supply.
Below is a review of APEC ROES-50 and nine other chlorine water filters for your water system. We also provide a buying guide for the best chlorine filters.
Best Chlorine Water Filters Reviews
1. Our Top Pick: APEC ROES-50 Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- Supreme quality - designed, engineered, and assembled in USA to guarantee water safety & your health. WQA certified to provide unlimited clean, refreshing crisp tasting water superior to bottled water
- Premium quality construction
- 2-year guarantee
- Five filtering phases
The APEC ROES-50 is a reverse osmosis water filter with a high-quality construction that offers excellent purification efficiency. Apart from chlorine, it eliminates up to 1000 diverse pollutants from your water supply, including bacteria, lead, and other heavy metals. This water system utilizes five separate filtering phases to get rid of 99% contaminants, resulting in clean water.
It is an under-the-sink filtration system that you can easily install yourself in less than an hour. However, if the sink or counter does not have a hole drilled through to house the faucet, you will need to use a drill to make a hole through the sink. The manufacturer provides all parts and a detailed installation manual to ensure you set it up easily and fast.
- Can filter 99% of water contaminants
- Utilizes reverse osmosis technology
- 5-stage filtration system
- Highly efficient
- Easy to install
- Reverse osmosis demineralizes the water
2. Runners Up Chlorine Water Filter: iSpring RCC7 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Filtration System
- Great tasting water-A standard 5 stage RO system produces slightly acidic water with a pH of 7.0 or below,Converts your water into clean, pure and healthy drinking water by removing up to 99% of over...
- Can filter up to 75 gallons of water
- Reverse osmosis technique
- Easy DIY installation
- Attractive European model
The most efficient form of water filtration is reverse osmosis. This water filtration technique can get rid of up to 1000 water contaminants by up to 99%.
It’s among the best reverse osmosis water filtration system available on the market. As a chlorine water filter, it gets rid of 94 to 95% chlorine level and above 90% of chlorine’s injurious THM by-product.
The ideal place to connect this water filter is beneath your kitchen sink. This way, it’ll give you pure drinking water at the kitchen faucet. When it comes to water filtration, the iSpring brand offers great value. In addition, it’s a reputable brand that backs up this filter with a one-year warranty and the support of a lifetime.
- Easy to install
- Produces clean, crisp, great-tasting water
- Excellent water filtration
- Gets rid of over 1000 contaminants
- Slow flow rate
3. Best Budget: ZeroWater ZP-010 Water Filter Pitcher
- Filtered Water Pitcher: The 10 Cup 5-stage Water Filtration Pitcher features a one-hand, push to dispense spigot that allows you to fill your cup or favorite water bottle without any lifting
- Comprises meter for water quality
- Five-phase water filtration
- 3-liter capacity
- NSF certified
Although the Zerowater filtration system is the least expensive on this list, this pitcher filter is still effective at eliminating chlorine. It also minimizes lead and chromium and eliminates above 99% of copper, arsenic, and mercury.
The ZeroWater water filtration system utilizes a 5-phase filtration process that also gets rid of about 99.6% TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) from your water. An excellent add-on to this water filter is the digital TDS meter, which lets you measure the water quality.
The water filter doesn’t need any connection and is portable. As a result, it best suited a smaller household where you cannot connect huge whole-house water filters or travel a lot.
- Filtered water tastes similar to bottled water
- Easy installation
- Filter cartridge doesn’t last long
4. Best Refrigerator Chlorine Filter: Culligan IC-EZ-4 EZ Chlorine Water Filter
- Provide your family with visibly clean, great-tasting water for drinking, cooking and more
- Can filter up to 3000 gallons of water
- A twist on and off mechanism
- IC-EZ-4 filter cartridge
- Change reminder
Are you searching for the ideal refrigerator chlorine filter? If yes, this unique chlorine water filter comes with an enhanced filtration system. You can install it in your refrigerator to give you fresh and pure water.
It is NSF/ANSI standard 42 certified. It has a twist-on, twist-off filter mechanism that makes it easy to change filter cartridges. The cartridges are easy to install and mess-free.
Each filter has a lifetime of 6 months or 500 gallons of water. It gets rid of sediment, metals, chloramines, cysts, chlorine, and chemicals from your drinking water. In addition, this water filter produces pure, odor-free, and excellent tasting ice.
- Easy to install
- Unique twist on and off filter mechanism
- Also makes ice
- Cannot filter large amounts of water
5. Best Shower Chlorine Water Filter: Watforsh Shower Head Filter Consistent Water Filtration System
- PERFECTS YOUR SKIN:Less well risk of developing eczema, reduces dry itchy skin, dandruff.Cares about the health of the skin, hair, nails ideal for bathing children and your Pets.This shower filter...
- Premium quality shower filter
- 15 filtration layers
- Durable filter cartridge
With this shower chlorine water filter, you are assured of optimal skin and hair health. In addition, it helps to prevent and manage skin conditions such as eczema and acne that may be accelerated by showering with chlorinated water.
It has a sophisticated design. It is made of ABS plastic and finished chrome, and, therefore, it’s strong. This chlorine water filter filters water in 15 stages to ensure it efficiently gets rid of chlorine and other contaminants in water.
Even though water goes through 15 purification layers, it does not slow down the water pressure. Some of the layers help to balance the water PH and infuse beneficial minerals into the water.
You can use the shower filter with both hot and cold water. It comes with two filter cartridges that offer a service life of 3 to 6 months. Replace the filter cartridge regularly if you use it often or if the water isn’t pure.
This shower head filter can be attached to showerheads at home, in gyms, or in hair salons. Although it is primarily designed as a shower chlorine water filter, you can also use it on kitchen faucets. It’s portable, which means that it’s ideal for those who travel frequently and use water in diverse places.
- Works well on all shower type
- 15 layers of purification
- Easy to set up
- Lessens chlorine harm on your skin
- Easy to use and maintain
- None so far
6. Showerhead Chlorine Water Filtration System
- Removes Impurities : Shower head filter reduces chlorine, lead and other chemicals; removes unpleasant odors, softens the hard water and reduces scale build-up – ideal for babies, pets and people...
- Ergonomic design
- Water filter status indicator
- Stainless steel construction
This Showerhead water filtration system minimizes lead, chlorine, and other chemicals. It also gets rid of unpleasant smells, softening hard water and minimizing the accumulation of scales. It’s best suited for use to purify water for bathing pets, babies, and people who have sensitive skin.
It promotes healthy skin, nails, and hair as the water contains beneficial minerals with antioxidant properties. The filtered water eases sunburns and nourishes dry hair and silky skin.
It is easy to install as you can mount it on shower fittings. You don’t need any specific tools to attach it. Also, it comes with a status indicator that helps you monitor when to replace filter cartridges. This way, you’ll know when you need to replace it.
One of its most outstanding features is that it can filter up to 10,000 gallons of water. The best way to attach it is on handheld showers. However, you can also fit it on other types of showers. Also, you may require adapters based on the type of shower.
- High capacity
- Easy to mount and use
- Compatible with many shower types
- Some people find it difficult to attach it to different shower heads
7. Aquasana AQ-4105 Premium Shower Water Filtration System
- Maximum Filtration & Water Pressure (2.5 GPM Flow Rate) – Constructed with a unique up flow design which maintains water pressure, prevents clogging, and increases contact time with media.
- NSF certified
- Maximum water pressure and filtration
- 1-year warranty
Like other showerhead filters, the Aquasana shower water filter is an efficient option for eliminating chlorine in your bathwater. Simply connect the device to your shower head, and you can bathe with pure, freshly filtered water.
The Aquasana water filtration system utilizes a double-phase filter to eliminate 90% of chlorine and other harmful chemicals from your shower water. It also comes with a handheld shower wand equipped with massage settings.
You only need to change the filter every half year. This chlorine water filter offers a flow rate of 2.5 gallons every minute for excellent water pressure.
- Easy DIY installation
- Simple filter replacement
- Filters efficiently
- Filter replacement is costly
8. Brita Plastic Chlorine Water Filter Bottle
- The BPA-free Brita Premium Filtering Bottle holds 26 oz of water, and is designed with a Brita filter that fits in the straw and makes water taste great
- Smooth design
- Electronic reminder for changing filter
- Attractive model
With the popular Brita water filtration bottle, you can drink pure water wherever you go as it has a compact in-built filter. The bottle is fabricated using BPA-free plastic and has a capacity of 26 ounces of water.
It features an activated carbon filter that you should replace after two or more months. They minimize chlorine and other chemicals as you sip the water. This way, the activated carbon filters enhance the flavor and smell of your drinking water.
Additionally, the water bottle is portable and comes with a leak-resistant cover and easy-to-drink straw. It’s also easy to clean as it’s dishwasher safe.
- Simple installation and filter replacement
- Slender design
- Lessens taste and smell of chlorine
- Dishwasher safe
- Only gets rid of most common pollutants
9. Best Garden Hose Chlorine Filter: AQUACREST Garden Hose Chlorine Water Filter
- 【Fitting Your Equipment Perfectly】: The filter fits any standard 3/4" garden hose thread. 【Fitting Your Equipment Perfectly】: The filter fits any standard 3/4" garden hose thread. *This filter...
- Designed for gardens
- High-capacity inline garden filter
- NSF certification
The AQUACREST water filter is designed to remove chlorine in garden water. It comes with a 5-micron filter aperture that effectively minimizes injurious elements like 97% chlorine, sediment, smell. At the same time, it retains essential elements like potassium, nitrogen, and phosphorus.
Apart from enhancing plants’ growth, this best chlorine water filter also lessens white water stains caused by minerals left over after air-desiccating. It’s fit for spas, bathtubs, gardening, pet bathing, and swimming pools.
You can also use this water filter with the garden mist cooling system. It has an improved formula that stops impurities, filters calcium ions, keeps calcium deposits from obstructing nozzles, and extends the atomizer’s life. It’s a water filter that suits various needs.
The long-lasting water filter can filter your garden water supply for up to 4 months, giving you pure and fresh water. Also, it lessens the smell of chlorine, safeguards your family’s health, and forms a secure and healthy surrounding for kids.
- Enhances plant growth
- Durable service life
- Prevents plants from wilting
- Easy connection
- The filter doesn’t last long
10. AquaHomeGroup Shower Head Chlorine Water Filter
- ★ PURIFIES WATER FILTER helps fast remove chloramine fluoride and chlorine, heavy metals and other sediment and inhibits the growth of scale in the bath tub
- Compatible with most shower types
- Constant water pressure
- 15-stage water filtration
- Serves as a moisturizer
AquaHomeGroup water filter significantly reduces chlorine and other harmful chemicals in your water, thanks to their cautiously arranged layers of filtration. As a result, you can relish an odorless, soothing shower daily.
The showerhead comes with three operating modes and, therefore, offers a steady flow and higher pressure. Simply spin the shower head filter if you want to select your desired supply mode. The clean water from this device enhances softer skin, gleaming hair, and stronger nails in kids and cossets.
You only need a couple of minutes to install this shower head using beads. No additional tools or expertise is required. The water filter is equipped with everything you may need. With this showerhead, you don’t have to buy an extra hard water filter.
- Lessens contaminants, generating safe bathing water
- Promotes the health of your skin and hair
- Easy to connect
- Gets rid of unpleasant smell in the water
- Doesn’t considerably soften water
Best Chlorine Water Filters – Buying Guide
Below are factors to consider when determining which chlorine water filter to buy.
A chlorine water filter may be costly, or if you want a smaller one, about $20. The best thing is that both water filters can get rid of water contaminants efficiently.
You don’t have to spend more to get a pocket-friendly chlorine water filter for individual use. However, ensure you look at the certifications.
The cost of the filter is another crucial factor to consider. Excellent filters define a water filtration system. Therefore, you have to consider their cost, availability, and frequency of replacing them.
When buying the best chlorine water filter, you also need to consider water consumption in your household. For instance, if you have an apartment or dorm room, a smaller pitcher is okay.
However, if you have a bigger home or you need to filter cooking or drinking water, an under-sink water filter or faucet mounted filter may be suitable.
Maintenance and Connection
The amount of time and effort required when mounting and maintaining a water filter is based on its type. For instance, installing and maintaining whole-house chlorine water filters is more challenging compared to a small water filter pitcher.
The right chlorine water filter depends on points of use, its filtered water capacity, price, and easy maintenance. Our selection of the 10 best chlorine water heaters presents you with various options to choose from depending on your needs.
The APEC ROES-50 is a reverse osmosis water filter is our best pick overall for its high quality and operational efficiency. However, if you are keen on purifying your bath water, consider the Watforsh Shower Head Filter. For a portable and affordable chlorine filter, buy the Zerowater filtration system ZP-010water.