Countertop Reverse Osmosis Systems for Your Home (2023 Reviews)
Reverse osmosis systems are some of the most popular types of water filters in the market. They provide you clean water, pure water, high-quality water, great-tasting water, often for a very affordable price. Countertop systems are also wildly popular. Unlike under-sink systems, countertop systems are more portable, easier to install and maintain, and often have the option of being connected to your standard faucet through an adapter process or a separate system altogether. You can read more about countertop water filters here. If you are ready to start thinking about your water quality, we have devised this buying guide so you can get started today!
Best Overall + Lowest Price
1. SimPure Y6 Countertop RO Water Filtration System
- REVERSE OSMOSIS BEATS CONTAMINANTS
The SimPure Y6 Countertop RO Water Filtration System is a powerful RO water filter that can remove both 99.99 percent of over 1000 pollutants in your water and 99.99 percent of microorganisms, pesticides, bacteria, and germs with its special UV purification system. This countertop water filter will get rid of fluoride, chlorine, dissolved inorganics, VOCs, chemicals, bacteria, heavy metals, cysts, viruses, lead, chromium, radium, and more at a water flow rate of 0.29 GPM (gallons per minute) or 50 GPD (gallons per day). This water filter system is tested against NSF (National Science Foundation) standards and can last you anywhere from six months to a whole year, depending on the amount that you use it.
This countertop reverse osmosis system requires zero installation and boasts a 30-day, no-hassle return policy as well as a 1-year satisfaction guarantee. Due to its Recycling Multi Filtration Technology, this water filter is able to have a 5:1 drain ration, meaning that for every 5 gallons of purified water produced, only one gallon of wastewater results. This is a significantly less wasteful deal than the standard countertop RO system on the market, which usually has a 1:3 drain ratio instead. This product will also come with a removable 1.3-gallon water tank and a filter change alert system that will let you know when it is time to change the filters.
Features of the SimPure Y6 Countertop RO Water Filtration System:
- Tested against NSF standards
- Removes 99.99% of the 1,000+ pollutants in your water
- Removes fluoride, chlorine, dissolved inorganics, chemicals, bacteria, heavy metals, cysts, viruses, lead, chromium, and more
- No installation required
- UV purification system
- Destroys 99.99% of microorganisms, bacteria, germs
- 5:1 drain ratio by the Recycling Multi Filtration Technology
- Has a removable 1.3-gallon water tank
- 30-day, no-hassle return
- 1-year satisfaction guarantee
- Filter change alert system
- A dispenser flow rate of 0.29 GPM
- A water-filtering rate of 50 GPD
- Does not lower your water pressure
- Filters will last 6 to 12 months
2. AlcaPure Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
- PUREST TASTING REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER: Zero Installation Purifier transforms ordinary tap water into clean, healthy and delicious drinking water. Choose AlcaPure Edition for Alkaline water, 7-8 pH, or...
The AlcaPure Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter is an aesthetically pleasing, zero installation purifier (sometimes shortened as ZIP) with child-friendly buttons and safe, BPA-free components. It is a four-stage water filtration system. It has a five-micron sediment filter, an activated carbon filter, a reverse osmosis filter, and an alkaline post filter that will raise the pH of your water for added benefits.
Other than the added benefits of alkaline water, this reverse osmosis water filter will also make sure that beneficial minerals will remain in your water, such as calcium and magnesium, which can help prevent gastric cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer, pancreatic cancer, esophageal cancer, and ovarian cancer. The only downside to this system is that it will produce one gallon of wastewater every time it produces one gallon of purified water. This is still considerably lower than the industry standard of three gallons of wastewater per gallon of purified water.
Features of the AlcaPure Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter:
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Zero installation purifier
- Child-friendly buttons
- BPA-free components
- 4-stage filtration system
- Five-micron sediment filter
- Activated carbon filter
- Reverse osmosis membrane
- Alkaline post filter
- Adds calcium and magnesium back into the water
- Produces one gallon of wastewater for every gallon of filtered water
3. KFLOW Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- 💧【TOP FILTRATION PERFORMANCE】: Adopting 4-stages filters, especially the RO filter with the filtration precision at 0.0001 microns, the reverse osmosis system could block 1000+ kinds of...
The KFLOW Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System can remove 99 percent of 1000 contaminants in your water, such as lead, chlorine, fluoride, mercury, and heavy metals. This water filter has an espresso maker-like aesthetic that will look absolutely lovely on your countertop. It is a four-stage filtration system that contains a polypropylene filter, a carbon block filter, a reverse osmosis membrane filter, and a coconut carbon block filter.
This water filter system is portable and battery-free and a water filter replacement change display. Your filters should last you around two years. There is an interesting thing that this product does. When this filter system creates wastewater while making purified water, it uses this water in the next batch of filtration as a sort of recycling process. This increases water efficiency, saving you water by 300%
Features of the KFLOW Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System:
- Looks like an espresso maker
- Four-stage filtration system
- Polypropylene filter
- Carbon block filter
- Reverse osmosis membrane filter
- Coconut carbon block filter
- Removes 99 percent of 1000 contaminants
- Removes lead, chlorine, fluoride, mercury, and heavy metals
- Replacement reminder display
- The filters have a 2-year lifespan
4. AQUA TRU Countertop RO Water Filtration System
- IS YOUR WATER SAFE TO DRINK? Studies continue to pour in regarding Toxins, Hormones, Microplastics, Cancer-linked contaminants, known Carcinogens and other toxins discovered in our Tap Water, Filtered...
The AQUA TRU Countertop RO Water Filtration System is a four-stage filtration system. There is a sediment filter that removes dirt, sand, and rust, a reverse osmosis filter that removes 99 percent of lead, heavy metals, and other pollutants, and an activated carbon filter that removes impurities, color, and odors. This countertop water filter system requires absolutely no plumbing and no tools for installation. The product will come with a removal tank, a filter replacement digital display, and a child-friendly button.
The filters on this product should last you approximately one year. They are NSF (National Science Foundation) certified. One thing that you do need to know about this filter – you have to make sure that the bottom of the tank, as well as the surface of the base, are always dry so you can prevent leakage.
Features of the AQUA TRU Countertop RO Water Filtration System:
- The system comes with a removal tank
- 4-stage filtration system
- Sediment filter removes dirt, sand, and rust
- Reverse osmosis filter removes 99 percent of lead, heavy metals, and other pollutants
- Activated carbon filter removes impurities, color, and odors
- Child-friendly button
- Requires no plumbing
- Requires no tool in the installation process
- The filters have a lifespan of one year
- Filter replacement digital display
- NSF certified
- You must make sure the bottom of the tank and surface of the base are always dry in order to prevent leakage
5. SimPure Y5 Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
The SimPure Y5 Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System is a great water filter that both looks like a hot water kettle and can function as one. This product has a three-stage filtration system with a PP, a CTO, and a reverse osmosis dual filter. This water filter system can remove arsenic, nitrates, nitrites, chromium, and barium. There is also a UV purifier feature that will take care of bacteria, viruses, and microorganisms and a PPC filter with activated carbon made from coconut shells that will make sure to improve the taste of your drinking water.
The reverse osmosis water filter has a 5-liter capacity. It also boasts a smart rota-dial smart system where you can change the temperature of the system. This is where the hot water kettle feature comes in. Additionally, there is a smart LED display that will remind you to change the filters on this system, which are easy to replace. This two-in-one water filter and water kettle product is also FDA approved.
Features of the SimPure Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System:
- Looks like a hot water kettle
- Can work as a hot water kettle
- PP+CTO and reverse osmosis dual filter
- 3-stage filtration system
- Removes arsenic, nitrates, nitrites, chromium, and barium
- UV purifier
- PPC filter with activated carbon from coconut shells will improve the water taste
- 5-liter capacity
- A smart rota-dial smart system allows you to change the temperature
- Smart LED display that reminds you to change the filters
- Easy to replace
- FDA approved
6. PuroSmart Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
- Clean, Fresh Drinking Water from Your Kitchen Sink
The PuroSmart Reverse Osmosis Water Filter boasts a high flow rate. It has a reverse diffusion membrane that can remove 99 percent of TDS (total dissolved solids) as well as other contaminants. This reverse osmosis water filter product also has a carbon block filter that will remove sediment, chlorine, and odor in your tap water. When you purchase this product, you will receive a diverter valve, tubing, a stand, and a replacement setup so you can get through your first replacement easily. This should be a very easy-to-install system that comes with everything you need in order to do it DIY.
Features of the PuroSmart Reverse Osmosis Water Filter:
- High flow rate
- Reverse diffusion membrane removes 99 percent of TDS (total dissolved solids) and other contaminants
- Carbon block filter removes sediment, chlorine, and odor
- Comes with a replacement setup, a diverter valve, tubing, and a stand
- Easy to install
7. Reverse Osmosis Revolution
- The Reverse Osmosis System easily attaches to your kitchen faucet without the need for plumber. Ideal portable solution for your apartment, home, RVs, aquarium or during your travel time.
The Reverse Osmosis Revolution is a very well-designed and aesthetically pleading product that already comes pre-installed, so you will not have to worry about the installation with this water filter. This is a 5-stage filtration system that comes with a sediment filter, a coconut activated carbon filter, a reverse osmosis membrane, a water de-ionizer, and a post-filter. The sediment filter will remove rust and dust. The coconut activated carbon filter will remove chlorine, odors, and bad tastes. The RO membrane will remove 99 percent of TDS (total dissolved solids), fluoride, bacteria, lead, arsenic, and chromium.
The water de-ionizer will raise the pH of your water to make it alkaline, which is said to have several health benefits. Finally, the post-filter makes sure the water you get is absolutely clean and pure. When you purchase this product, you will receive a two-way chrome metal diverter and a premium heavy-duty 6-stage process that will soften your water. This water filter is both powerful as well as compact and portable and has a capacity of 75 gallons of water per day. You will only need to replace these filters every six months.
Features of the Reverse Osmosis Revolution:
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Comes pre-installed
- 5-stage filtration process
- Sediment filter removes rust and dust
- Coconut activated carbon filter removes chlorine, odors, and bad tastes
- Reverse osmosis membrane removes 99 percent of TDS, fluoride, bacteria, lead, arsenic, and chromium
- Water de-ionizer
- Post-filter for better water
- Comes with a two-way chrome metal diverter
- A capacity of 75 gallons of water per day
- Compact and portable
- Premium heavy-duty 6-stage process for hard water
- Replacement of the filters must be done every 6 months
8. APEC Water Systems RO-CTOP
- Hooks up to most STANDARD FAUCET in minutes. Just plug and drink! Lightweight, installation-free system. It’s NOT compatible with pull-out faucets, special size designer faucets and sprayer faucets
The APEC Water Systems RO-CTOP is a four-stage filtration system. There is a sediment filter that removes rust and dust, a carbon filter that removes chloride, lead, arsenic, barium, and others, coconut carbon shells that remove bad tastes and odors. All of the components of this filter are completely 100 percent BPA-free. This product is also NSF (National Science Foundation) certified and 100 percent made in the USA.
This portable countertop reverse osmosis system is easy to use, easy to install, and completely portable. It will remove 99 percent of all impurities. When you are required to replace the filters, you should be able to easily twist them off and snap the new ones back.
Features of the APEC Water Systems RO-CTOP:
- Easy to use
- Easy installation
- Four-stage filtration
- The first stage ensure sediment removal (rust and dust are eliminated)
- The second stage uses carbon filters to remove chloride, lead, arsenic, barium, among others
- Coconut carbon shells remove bad taste and odor
- Components are 100 percent BPA-free
- NSF certified
- Easy twist off and snap on replacement filters
- Removes 99 percent of impurities
- 100 percent made in the USA
9. Waterdrop RO Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System
- [Trusted Certification] The Waterdrop reverse osmosis system is certified against NSF 58 for TDS reduction and NSF 372 certified for lead-free material. The TDS removal rate of the RO system is...
The Waterdrop RO Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System is a tankless product that removes most contaminants, including fluoride, TDS (total dissolved solids), limescale, and heavy metals and has a filtration accuracy of 0.0001μm. It is certified against NSF 58 for TDS reduction and NSF 372 for lead-free material. It also does not contain bisphenol A as well as formaldehyde, which are chemicals that can be harmful to your health. This water filter has seven stages of filtration which include a sediment pre-filter, a carbon block filter, an activated carbon block filter (which uses activated carbon granules made from coconut shell in order to improve the taste of your water.
This is a very easy-to-install system that includes three filters in the package that you receive at purchase. The tankless nature of this product will help you avoid secondary pollution via a tank and helps you save space in your kitchen. Despite not having a storage tank, this product still has a high water flow rate of 400 gallons of water per day and a drain ratio of one gallon of wastewater per one gallon of purified water.
Features of the Waterdrop RO Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System:
- Certified against NSF 58 for TDS reduction
- Has a filtration accuracy of 0.0001μm
- Removes most contaminants including fluoride, TDS, limescale, and heavy metals
- NSF 372 certified for lead-free material
- Easy-to-install design
- Three filters are included in the package
- The first smart RO system with composite filters and tankless design in the US market
- Has seven stages of filtration
- Pre-sediment and carbon block filters are a 3-in-1 filter
- Activated carbon block filter uses activated carbon granules made from coconut shell to improve the water taste
- The tankless design helps you avoid secondary pollution
- Tankless design is also pace-saving
- A water flow rate of 400 gallons per day
- 1: 1 low drain ratio
- The system does not contain bisphenol A and formaldehyde
10. Express Water EZRO5 Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- Please note, this countertop RO system filters up to 0.5 - 1 gallon of water an hour; for a higher production rate, consider our undersink RO systems; the countertop RO only works with faucets that...
The Express Water EZRO5 Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System is a four-stage filtration water system. It is very easy to install and requires little to no maintenance, which is especially useful if you are a busy person who does not want to bother with filter maintenance. This system consists of a sediment filter that removes rust and dust, a granular carbon filter, a reverse osmosis membrane, and a post activated carbon filter, all of which work together in order to remove 99.99 percent of most major contaminants. This reverse osmosis system will also come with a 1-year limited warranty.
Features of the Express Water EZRO5 Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System:
- Easy to install
- Low maintenance
- 4 stage water filters
- Sediment filter
- Granular carbon filter
- Reverse osmosis membrane
- Post activated carbon filter
- Removes 99.99% of major contaminants
- 1-Year limited warranty
The SimPure Y6 Countertop RO Water Filtration System is the absolute winner on this list. It is the best countertop reverse osmosis water filter system, removing 99.99 percent of several pollutants as well as microorganisms, bacteria, and germs (with the help of its UV water purifier system). On top of that, it does not require any sort of installation. It is our favorite on this list.
Bonus Tip: Check out this fun video about how reverse osmosis works!