10 Best Water Filter Pitchers 2022 (In-Depth Reviews)
We use an incredible amount of water in our lifetime. We shower, wash our dishes and our clothes, we drink it (often much less than we should!). Water dispenser systems can help bring good water through your faucets without the hassle of buying water bottles. A standard drinking water filter with activated carbon (same with a reverse osmosis system) removes heavy metals, chloramine, TDS (total dissolved solids), herbicides, VOCs (volatile organic compounds), and other impurities, pollutants, and water contaminants.
A great water filter would be certified to NSF standards (National Science Foundation), the WQA (Water Quality Association), the EPA, and the FDA and be made from food-grade plastics. An even greater water filtration system would have an ion exchange process that outside of a purifier, can alkalize water to make for great tasting water. Some standard filters may also even come with a water softener that can take care of your pipes and your appliances. Here is an article by Web MD about how water filters work so well to clean up your water.
Whether you get your water supply through well water or municipal water, a water filtration pitcher can improve your water quality and bring clean water to your home. You can finally ditch the water bottles and save yourself some money. Here is an article by Drink Filtered that points out the benefits of having a water filter pitcher in your home. We have put together this buying guide with links so you can get started on getting a water filter pitcher for your home today!
In a hurry? Here’s the test winner after 10 hours of research:
10 Best Water Filter Pitchers 2021 (In-Depth Reviews) – Overview
1. Waterdrop Chubby Water Filter Pitcher
- Certified filtration: The pitcher is NSF 42 certified for the reduction of chlorine, taste and odor. It is also NSF 372 certified for lead-free material. Using multi-stage water filter technology,...
The Waterdrop Chubby Water Filter Pitcher boasts a 7-stage filtration process that can remove sulfur since it has 10 times more absorption capability than other products on the market. This product will come with one included filter and you can buy replacement filters from the same manufacturer. This water filter pitcher is able to be taken apart and washed by hand if necessary. You should also soak it in cold water for at least 10 minutes before you use it for the first time. This product has a slim design that will let you keep it in the refrigerator door and a wooden handle.
This product should last you for about 200 gallons of water. It will remove fluoride from your water, although unfortunately only inorganic fluoride. The only other downside to this system is that it does not have a silicone-based base that would prevent it from slipping, which can be a problem when you fill it up in the sink and it gets wet.
Features of the Waterdrop Chubby Water Filter Pitcher:
- 7-stage filtration technology
- Will remove sulfur too because it has 10 times more absorption capability
- Comes with 1 included filter
- Replacement filters are sold separately by the same manufacturer
- Does not have a silicone-ribbed base to prevent slipping
- Can be taken entirely apart and can be washed by hand
- Has to be soaked in cold water for at least 10 minutes before the first time you use the unit
- Slim design will allow you to place the pitcher on your fridge door
- Wooden handle
- Lasts for about 200 gallons of water
- Removes only inorganic fluoride
2. Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher
- Clearly Filtered makes filters for people who are skeptical about what's in their water. Give yourself peace of mind by upgrading your filter to one of ours.
The Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher is a great water filter pitcher that can remove fluoride, PFOA/PFAS (perfluorooctanoic acids), and microplastics. It can also remove over 98% of fluoride, so this water filter will improve your water taste and smell. The only downsides to this system are that there might be a slower filter speed, meaning that your water pressure might be affected and that this system does not possess an indicator light in order to tell you when you should replace the filters. Both these issues can be a dealbreaker, but this pitcher’s quality still warrants it this spot on this list.
Features of the Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher:
- Removes fluoride, PFOA/PFAS, and microplastics
- Removes over 98% of fluoride
- Longlast filter
- Slower filter speed
- Does not have a reminder to let you know when to change filters
3. PUR PPT111W Ultimate Filtration Water Filter Pitcher
- WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM – Quickly and easily enjoy cleaner, filtered water in your fridge with the PUR PLUS 11 Cup Chemical and Physical Filtration Water Pitcher. This water filter pitcher features...
The PUR PPT111W Ultimate Filtration Water Filter Pitcher is a great filter that removes up to 14 contaminants, such as lead, chloride, pesticides, bad tastes, and foul odors. This water filter pitcher is able to hold eleven eight-ounce glasses of water and has a filter life of 40 gallons of water. This product can also be easily fit into your refrigerator. It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee as well as a 90-day warranty, which is fantastic.
The only downsides to this system are that it fills and filters through your water rather slowly, that the lid to this pitcher will not come fully off, and that the filters can get quite costly. All of these can be an issue if you have a fast-paced lifestyle and not much disposable income.
Features of the PUR PPT111W Ultimate Filtration Water Filter Pitcher:
- Removes up to 14 contaminants, including lead, chloride, pesticides, bad taste, and odor
- Can hold eleven 8oz glasses of water
- Can be easily fit into your refrigerator
- The filter has a life of 40 gallons
- Fills rather slowly
- The lid does not come fully off
- Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Comes with a 90-day warranty
- Filters can be costly
- Time-consuming until it filters
4. Epic Pure Water Filter Pitcher
- Filtered water pitcher for refrigerator: This large water filtration pitcher for refrigerator is easy to pour and refill. This space efficient gravity water filter system jug fits perfectly on...
The Epic Pure Water Filter Pitcher is a good filter that can remove 99,9% out of the over 200 possible threats in your water. It is both NSF (National Science Foundation) and ANSI (American National Standards Institute) certified, which is great. This is a long-lasting filter that can last you for 150 gallons of (purified) water, which translates to three or four months. This filter has a large capacity of 3.5 liters and a BPA-free (Bisphenol A) construction. It is a one-hundred percent American-made product and the filter is recyclable.
It is not a granular carbon filter as other cheaper models, it is a solid carbon block filter instead, which is of higher-quality. You are able to opt for a deal to receive replacement filters at the time of purchase. The only real downside to this system is that the filtration process can take a little bit of time. The only thing to remember is to not put the filter in the freezer or to fill the water filter pitcher with hot water.
Features of the Epic Pure Water Filter Pitcher:
- Removes 99.9% out of 200+ possible threats in your water
- NSF/ANSI certified
- Long-lasting filter
- Will last for 150 gallons of purified water, or three to four months
- Not a granular carbon filter similar to some cheaper models, but it is a solid carbon block instead
- Filter is recyclable
- Everything is produced in the USA
- BPA-free construction
- Large capacity (3.5L)
- The filtration itself can be a little bit on the slower end
- Does not come with any replacement filters unless you opt for a deal at the time of purchase
5. Brita 10 Cup Grand Water Filter Pitcher
- LARGE WATER PITCHER: This large, plastic water filtration pitcher is easy to pour and refill. The space efficient pitcher fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves and is great for families. Height...
The Brita 10 Cup Grand Water Filter Pitcher is a very efficient Brita pitcher with very efficient filter cartridges and a great notification system that tells you when a filter change is due. This notification system will have the light show green until the filter cartridges are close to their maximum capacity, at which point it will turn yellow. When the light turns red, you have to change the filter immediately. This Brita pitcher is able to hold 10 cups of water, but unfortunately, even though Brita is world-leading in water filter manufacturing, reviewers have complained about the lid. It is not very well designed and it tends to fall every time you use the pitcher, which is a significant failure on their part.
Features of the Brita 10 Cup Grand Water Filter Pitcher:
- Very efficient filter cartridges
- A notification system lets you know when to change the filters
- The pitcher is able to hold up to 10 cups of water
- The lid is not very well designed
6. AquaBliss 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher
- LONGEST LASTING – DARE TO COMPARE: While most leading water purifier filters last a paltry one to two months before requiring replacement, our water pitcher filters out contaminants, chlorine,...
The AquaBliss 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher is able to reduce chlorine, zinc, sediment, mercury, copper, and unpleasant smells. Unfortunately, it does not make water alkaline. This water filter pitcher will last about four months at a rate of 20 gallons per month, and it boasts a speed of 1 to 2 minutes per filling speed. It has a digital countdown feature that tells you when to change the filter, which is very useful. It will also balance out your water’s pH.
There are a few downsides to this system. There is a rubber gasket that keeps the pitcher from sliding but it seems that it slips off quite easily. You should also be careful when lifting the filter or filling it as some water might spill out. You should also avoid pouring unfiltered water in while it is filtering or you might mix it in accidentally with the filtered water, rendering the process moot.
Features of the AquaBliss 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher:
- Does not make the water alkaline
- Reduces the amounts of chlorine, zinc, sediment, mercury, copper
- Removes unpleasant smells
- Speed of 1-2 minutes per filling
- Lasts about four months at a rate of 20 gallons per month
- A digital countdown feature tells you when to change the filter
- A pitcher will balance the PH of your water
- The rubber gasket that keeps the pitcher from sliding slips off too easily
- Be careful when lifting the pitcher as some water might spill out
7. Brita Standard Metro Water Filter Pitcher
- The slim, BPA-free Metro water pitcher with filter holds 5 cups of water, enough to fill 2 24-ounce reusable water bottles
The Brita Standard Metro Water Filter Pitcher is a sturdy filter with a capacity of 5 cups of water (or 2 liters), a slim design, and a filter replacement indicator that will count the number of pours in order to notify you of when the filter needs to be changed. This water filter pitcher will remove chlorine, cadmium, copper, and mercury. It only takes about 5 minutes in order to filter through the entire pitcher. You should know that it is advisable to pour a couple of pitchers through the filter and pour them down the sink before you use it for the first time. The only real downside to this system is that you will need to take the whole top off the pitcher in order to fill it up.
Features of the Brita Standard Metro Water Filter Pitcher:
- 5-cup capacity
- Slim design
- Removes chlorine, cadmium, copper, mercury
- A filter indicator will count the number of pours for you to notify you when you need to replace the filter
- It can hold up to 2L of water
- Takes about 5 minutes to filter a full pitcher
- You will need to take the whole top off to fill the tank
8. PUR CR1100CV Classic Water Filter Pitcher
- WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM – Quickly and easily enjoy refreshing, filtered water in your fridge with the PUR 11 Cup Water Filtration Pitcher. With the help of PUR, you can enjoy great-tasting drinking...
The PUR CR1100CV Classic Water Filter Pitcher is a great pitcher that holds a capacity of 11 cups and removes mercury, pharmaceutical traces, and other harmful contaminants from your water. It is made of BPA-free plastic and it can even soften your water, although only to a small degree. There is a light filter change notification signal that lets you know when it is time to replace the filter. The only real downside to this system is that it does take a significant amount of time filtering through your water, which can be an issue for busy families.
Features of the PUR CR1100CV Classic Water Filter Pitcher:
- 11-cup pitcher
- Removes mercury, pharmaceutical traces, and others
- Made out of BPA-free plastic
- Light filter change notification signal
- The unit filters the water slowly
- Softens the water, but only by a small degree
9. Brita Small 6 Cup Water Filter Pitcher
- Brita Atlantis Water Filter Pitcher, White, 6 Cup
The Brita Small 6 Cup Water Filter Pitcher is a lovely Brita product that will not only filter your water, it will also soften it, although only to a small degree. It boasts a sticker notification system as well as an email system that lets you know when the time is right to replace the filters. Thankfully, the filters are easy to change. If you get stuck the instructions manual should be an easy read, and there are also online tutorials that can help you.
This filter is ideal for busy families since it filters through the water rather quickly. The only issue with this system is that it has a low capacity, so you might find yourself having to fill it up more often than other products. This should be alright if you are a one or two-person household otherwise you will be refilling it too often.
Features of the Brita Small 6 Cup Water Filter Pitcher:
- Comes with a Brita cartridge filter
- The cartridge will also soften the water by a small degree
- Filters are easy to change
- Sticker notification system to let you know when it is time to change the cartridge filters
- There is also an email system to tell you when you have to change the filters
- Filters are capable of filtering the water quickly
- The pitcher has a small capacity
10. Ehm Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
- PREMIUM QUALITY: When it comes to our EHM Alkaline Water Pitchers, we make a point of using nothing but the finest materials available, as well as state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and strict...
The Ehm Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher boasts a micro multi-level filtration as well as a 6-stage filtration process. It is especially efficient at the removal of chlorine, and it can raise the alkalinity of your water by fixing its pH value at 10pH. It can also retain essential trace minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and calcium and eliminate 90% of harmful contaminants such as lead and copper. This water filter pitcher has a capacity of 3.5 liters and boasts a fast filtration rate.
This Ehm product uses a special type of technology called micro-clustering in order to reduce your tap water’s molecular size and filter through it. The only downside to this water filter pitcher is that it has a short lifespan, lasting only around two months before you have to change the filter. This can be a deterrent to busy families that do not have the time or the money to purchase new filters every two months.
Features of the Ehm Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher:
- Micro multi-level filtration
- 6-stage filter cartridge
- Very efficient for the removal of chlorine
- Raises the alkalinity of water by fixing the pH value at 10pH
- Low-negative ORP value of between -100 to -200 mv
- Retains essential trace minerals like magnesium, potassium, and calcium
- It can purify 3.5 liters of water instantly
- High filtration capacity
- Eliminates over 90% of harmful particles like lead and copper
- Uses the technology of micro-clustering to reduce tap water’s molecule size
- Filter life is not durable
- Average lifespan of two months
The Waterdrop Chubby Water Filter Pitcher is the definite winner on this list. It is not only a fantastic water filter, but it can also remove sulfur at ten times the absorption capability. Sulfur is responsible for your water’s foul smell and taste, so this kind of filter is especially useful. It absolutely earns its spot at the top of this list.
Bonus tip: Check out this great video about what the inside of a water filter is like and how it works!